Housecall Providers is seeking individuals with an interest in serving on its board of directors. Now in our 21st year of operation, the organization has grown significantly in recent years and is looking to expand and diversify its board.
Founded in 1995 by Dr. Benneth Husted, Housecall Providers is led by Executive Director, Terri Hobbs and Medical Director, Dr. Pamela Miner. It employs 90 people who care for nearly 2,000 patients annually. To date, our clinicians have made more than 143,000 house calls. With a $9 million annual budget, the organization strives to meet the “triple aim” in health care: better care, leading to better health, delivered at a lower cost.
The organization seeks to maintain a board of directors with skills pertinent to the current and future needs of the organization. Board members serve an initial 2-year term (beginning in July of each year) and are eligible to serve an additional two terms. All new Board members participate in an orientation process.
Who we need
We are seeking individuals who have a belief in our mission as well as the following skills and/or interests: marketing & PR, fundraising, previous nonprofit board experience and leadership, experience with the services provided by Housecall Providers, elder law/estate planning, healthcare policy, and finance.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Actively participate as a board member and serve on at least one committee
- Attend annual retreat and new board member orientation
- Attend regular board meetings
- Make a personally significant annual financial contribution
- Attend Housecall Providers events (2-3/year)
- Take an active role in fundraising activities
- Act as an ambassador/advocate of Housecall Providers
- Provide direct input regarding the direction of the organization, ensuring the vision and values of the organization are upheld
- Set policy and provide oversight of implementation
- Provide fiduciary oversight
- Participate in evaluations of organizational performance
Total time commitment: 5-10 hours/month
Committees include executive, nominating, philanthropy, finance, governance, and others as needed.
Are you interested?
If you are interested in being considered for the Housecall Providers Board of Directors, or if you would like to nominate someone, please send an email describing your interest, along with a resume or other helpful information, to Todd Lawrence, volunteer coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be contacted by a member of the nominating committee for an initial discussion. Prospective board nominees will meet with board members and senior staff.
Please respond with your interest by April 30, 2016.