Housecall Providers is a unique non-profit medical practice dedicated to serving the needs of medically homebound individuals providing in-home primary medical care and hospice services. We are located close-in SW Portland in the John’s Landing area.?
Currently, we are recruiting for a Hospice RN Case Manager – West Side. This is a part-time benefited position – 30 hours per week.
The Hospice RN Case Manager is responsible for the delivery of professional nursing services to hospice patients as indicated by the plan of care developed by the interdisciplinary group. Responsibilities include initial and on-going assessment of patients, developing and revising the plan of care, timely documentation and communication of assessments, planning and interventions, coordination of care among team members.
Reports directly to the Hospice Clinical Supervisor. Collaborates with RN Clinical Supervisor, hospice Medical Director, and other members of the interdisciplinary group (IDG) for the benefit of the patient
Principal Duties and Functions:
- Makes initial and on-going visits to assess patient and provide baseline and comprehensive data. Utilization of the nursing process to provide patient care that is individualized, goal directed and consistent with current standards of practice.
- Routinely manages a caseload of approximately 12 – 14 patients depending on patient census.
- Identifies and communicates the needs of the patient and family to the interdisciplinary group, the hospice medical director and primary care provider.
- Core member of the Interdisciplinary group.
- Required participation in quality assessment and performance improvement (QAPI) activities.
- Develops and communicates the plan of care for the hospice aide including visit frequency. Evaluates the effectiveness of the hospice aide plan and revises as needed. Provides and documents the required supervision of the hospice aide.
- Supervises LPN/LVN providing services to the patient according to regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains infection control and aseptic practices.
- Follows Housecall Providers employee policies and procedures. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains high standards of professional practice by adhering to the ethics of the profession and keeping abreast of the latest professional practices.
- Participates in continuing education of self and assists with orientation of other team members.
- Participate in the on-call rotation.
- Relates to patients and families in an open, empathetic and supportive manner while maintaining personal and professional boundaries.
- Other duties as assigned by the Hospice Clinical Manager.
- A strong background in geriatric assessment (depression, function, cognition, pain, pharmacology, etc.) preferred. Previous experience working in an inpatient hospital setting considered
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse staff and patients, their families and caregivers and the community at large
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and implement widely diverse job duties that require attention and
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and expertise in assessing pain and other distressing patient symptoms
- Sound judgment and integrity are non-negotiable personal qualities
- Comfortable and adept at assessing and discussing with patients and families end of life subjects.
- Ability to work within a team and independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to provide phlebotomy services
Minimum Qualifications (includes licenses or certifications) required:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (BSN preferred)
- Must have active, unencumbered Registered Nurse license in Oregon
- Minimum of Two (2) years recent experience working in hospice, palliative care, oncology and/or home health experience
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and car insurance
- EMR experience(Epic, Allscripts, Cerner etc.)
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel)
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, 401K retirement plan, and short/long term disability.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please e-mail us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com referencing: Hospice Case Manager.
We are an equal opportunity employer.