Housecall Providers is a unique non-profit medical practice dedicated to serving the needs of medically home-bound individuals providing in-home primary medical care and hospice services. We are located close-in SW Portland in the John’s Landing area.
Currently, we are recruiting for a Hospice Certified Nurse’s Aide to serve the West Side (Beaverton, Hillsboro, Tigard area) This is a 32-40 hour per week position (open to a Wed – Sat or Sun – Thur schedule; must cover one weekend day)
The Hospice Aide is responsible for providing care under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse. Services include assisting patient with bathing and personal hygiene, light housekeeping or meal preparation, respite care for caregivers, and related duties as assigned. Reports directly to the RN Care Manager. Works with other members of the interdisciplinary group (IDG) for the benefit of the patient.
Principal Duties and Functions:
- Assist patient with bathing and personal hygiene showing courtesy and respecting dignity and rights of the client. This may include turning, twisting, transferring and/or assisting a patient into standing position.
- Perform light housekeeping, meal preparation and other duties as determined by patient/family or as assigned by supervisor.
- Provide respite care while primary caregiver is absent.
- Provide a clean, safe and healthy environment for patients, utilizing infection control measures appropriately.
- Report and record all contacts with patient/family in a legible and timely manner.
- Attend IDG meetings and participate in care planning for assigned patients.
- Consult with a registered nurse to obtain instructions and supervision as necessary. Never perform procedures and treatments not qualified to perform.
- Remain current on all rules and regulations as they relate to your position
- Keep all information in regards to patient/family confidential, as required under HIPAA laws.
- Must be skilled in proper body mechanics
- Skilled in patient transfers, turning, and repositioning
- Remove and replace TED hose
- Reapplication of oxygen
- Foley care, and empties collection device
- Oral care with or without dentures
- Removal of dentures and removal of hearing aids
- Vital signs
- Provides adjunct care such as enemas, dressing changes per delegation from RN
- Recognizes changes in patient’s condition and reports to RN
- Demonstrated ability in understanding the needs of and working with dying individuals in a hospice setting.
- Ability to provide emotional support to patients and caregivers.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse staff and patients, their families and caregivers.
- Experience with electronic medical records (EPIC, Allscripts, Cerner etc.)
Minimum Qualifications (includes licenses or certifications):
- Must have active, unencumbered Nurse Assistant Certification in Oregon
- Minimum of 1-2-years previous experience as a CNA working in Home Health or Hospice
OSHA Category I: Assigned tasks may involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, 401K retirement plan, and short/long term disability.
To apply: Send a cover letter and CV to Resumes@housecallproviders.org. Put “Hospice CNA” in the subject line. Submissions must be made in MS Word or PDF format.
Equal Opportunity Employer