Housecall Providers is a unique non-profit medical practice dedicated to serving the needs of medically home-bound individuals providing in-home primary medical care and hospice services. We are located close-in SW Portland in the John’s Landing area.
We are currently looking for a compassionate, detailed LPN who will perform annual wellness visits for our patient population. This position is full time, 40 hours per week (1.0 FTE), Monday through Friday. This person will work under the direction of primary care providers, collaborate with members of our quality and data team and report to our lead transition nurse.
This position actively supports and incorporates the mission and core values of the organization into daily activities. In this position, you will provide annual wellness visits to primary care patients in coordination with primary care providers to complete patient screenings that can identify gaps in care and improve plans of care.
Principle Duties and Functions:
- Coordinate with quality and data department to identify patients eligible for Annual wellness visits and create scheduling to optimize location and Primary Care Provider availability.
- Schedule and provide annual wellness visits with patients, families and caregivers which may include the following screenings: a review of immunizations, diagnostic history, depression screening, activities of daily living, safety, alcohol use, cognition.
- Perform and review medication reconciliation during a visit, address any care gaps and preventative measures such as mammograms, colonoscopies, lab tests.
- During visit obtain current vital signs, height and weight for BMI calculation.
- Document annual wellness visits and submit to PCP for completion visit, sending a message with a pertinent list of topics identified as needing further discussion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have active, unencumbered LPN license in the state of Oregon.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of medical terminology, basic patient care and community resources
- 1 – 2 years previous clinical LPN experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with each patient’s care team. Ability to work collaboratively as a team member, assess and document a patient’s status and perform nursing skills to meet the needs of homebound patients.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to problem solve and provide excellent customer service
- Must have the ability to handle and communicate sensitive information
- Ability to interact professionally with staff, patients, families, caregivers.
- Must have the ability to work independently with the ability to prioritize tasks, problem-solve and maintain focus on organizational goals and timelines.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and short/long term disability. If this position sounds like a good fit for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please e-mail us your resume, cover letter and salary requirements indicating: LPN – Annual Wellness Visits to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.