Housecall Providers is a unique non-profit medical practice dedicated to serving the needs of medically home-bound individuals providing in-home primary medical care and hospice services. We are located close-in SW Portland in the John’s Landing area.
Currently, we are recruiting for a Palliative Care RN. This is a 1.0 FTE Monday – Friday with a Saturday rotation (day off during the week).
Principal Duties and Functions:
The Palliative Care Nurse provides specialized palliative nursing care to identified HCP primary care patients who will benefit from increased support and care to improve quality of life, manage and relieve symptoms, improve psycho-social needs by working as an interdisciplinary team member.
Conducts Initial and ongoing assessments of patient; developing and revising the plan of care, timely documentation and communication of assessments, and coordination of care with the palliative care team.
- A strong background in geriatric assessment (depression, function, cognition, pain, pharmacology, etc.) preferred. Previous experience working in an inpatient hospital setting considered.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse staff and patients, their families and caregivers and the community at large.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and implement widely diverse job duties that require attention and coordination.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and expertise in assessing pain and other distressing patient symptoms.
- Sound judgment and integrity are non-negotiable personal qualities.
- Comfortable and adept at assessing and discussing with patients and families end of life subjects.
- Ability to work within a team and independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to provide phlebotomy services
Minimum Qualifications (includes licenses or certifications):
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (BSN preferred)
- Must have active, unencumbered Registered Nurse license in Oregon
- Minimum of 3-years previous experience (within the last 1-3 years) as an RN working in Home Health or hospice, palliative care
- CHPN certification preferred
- EMR experience (Epic, Allscripts, Cerner etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel)
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, 401K retirement plan, and short/long term disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please e-mail us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer.