Housecall Providers is a nationally recognized non-profit medical practice dedicated to serving the needs of home-bound individuals. We provide in-home primary and palliative care and hospice services.
We are currently looking for a full-time Patient Care Coordinator. The position is Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week. This individual will report directly to our Primary Care Operations Manager while receiving requests for assistance from physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners (our clinicians).
In this position, you will assist the clinicians with the following duties:
- Review and manage incoming calls for clinicians
- Make referrals to specialists as well as ordering home health, hospice, diagnostic testing, medical supplies and equipment
- Assist clinicians with obtaining prior authorizations
- May authorize prescription refills for non-controlled drugs if approved by clinician
- Link patient, families, and caregivers with other community resources to enable continued community- based care and to enhance their quality of life
- Accurately document all the above interactions in an appropriate and timely fashion to maintain patient’s medical record
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees, and as appropriate, other information
- Demonstrate service excellence and positive interpersonal relations in dealing with others, including patients, family members, caregivers, employees, clinicians, volunteers, and community members, so that productivity and positive relationships are maximized
- Minimum of two (2) years previous experience working in a medical practice, healthcare company, or have worked in some capacity in the healthcare industry
- The Ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinic, private practice and or hospital setting
- Medical Asssistant Certification preferred; Preference will be given to Certified Medical Assistant Candidates
- Must have excellent working knowledge of medical terminology, basic patient care and community resources
- Must be able to prioritize tasks, demonstrate effective problem-solving skills and maintain focus in fast-paced work environment
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills (experience with MS office Suites)
- Ability to type 50 wpm (net)
- Previous experience working with medical computer system or electronic health records highly desirable (EPIC, Cerner, Allscripts)
- Must be able to pass background check.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, 401K retirement plan, and short/long term disability.
If this position and our mission sound like they align well with your experience and desire to make a difference then we would love to hear from you.
Please e-mail us your resume, Attn: Patient Care Coordinator, along with your cover letter and salary requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer.