Join the team that is helping to transform health care!
Housecall Providers is a nationally recognized medical nonprofit that delivers excellent home-based primary care, palliative care and hospice services to over 2,000 homebound patients a year. We welcome new graduates and experienced professionals to join an organization that is setting the national standard in home-based medical care. We currently have a need for physicians to work as primary care clinicians on the east and west sides of the Portland metro Area.
About our care team:
Our team of physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants provide primary medical care to patients who live in private homes, adult care homes and assisted living facilities throughout the tri-county area (Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas counties.) All of our patients are homebound and 80% are over age 65; those 18-64 are profoundly disabled.
Our goal at Housecall Providers is to foster a collaborative and supportive environment when clinicians can achieve a good work / life balance and are able to continually improve their clinical skills. If you have a high level of organization and initiative, this job may be for you.
Support services for primary care clinicians:
Care coordination services – a care coordinator is assigned to each clinician to facilitate patient referrals, ordering of medical equipment, Rx refills, phone call triage / messaging.
Transitional care team – nurses and social workers assist the primary care clinicians in preventing unnecessary emergency room visits or hospitalizations. When hospitalization is required, the team advocates for our patients and ensures that each has the equipment, medication, and care they need to return home safely.
- Shared weekend on-call coverage rotation
- Weekly in-office clinician meetings to receive ongoing education, updates, and peer support
- Additional small group clinical support that includes a geriatric round table and an ethics committee consult and review
- Credentialing and re-credentialing assistance and correspondence
• Background in geriatrics or home health helpful.
• Experience with electronic medical records a plus.
• Great communication and organizational skills essential.
• Must have a current license, national certification and pass background check.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including fully paid medical insurance (for full-time employees) available after a brief introductory period. Other benefits include paid dental, PTO, employer match 401k retirement plan, and stipends to offset CME, malpractice, DEA, and mileage. Laptop and cell phone provided.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please e-mail us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.