What is #GivingTuesday?
We have a day for giving thanks. We have two for getting deals. Now, we have #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving back!
On Tuesday, December 1, 2015, charities, families, businesses, community centers, and students around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give.
We’re joining the #GivingTuesday movement to:
- raise awareness about the difficulties homebound individuals face in obtaining proactive healthcare
- spread the word about how in-home primary and palliative care benefits individuals, and lowers healthcare costs!
- connect with members of our community who believe what we believe- that everyone deserves proactive, individualized healthcare- even when they can no longer leave their home!
How can I get involved?
1. Lead through example by making a gift today!
2. Become an ambassador for Housecall Providers!
- Like our page on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Leave us a review on Google+ and Yelp
- Help spread the word about this work by sharing our posts, photos and updates with your personal network
3. Share your story with us!
- Take an #UNselfie– a picture of yourself holding a sign explaining why you support the work of Housecall Providers. Share your #UNselfie
on Twitter and Facebook- and don’t forget to tag Housecall Providers!
Compose a short essay (200 words) about why you give to Housecall Providers for the #MyGivingStory contest. If your story is selected, Housecall Providers will receive a grant of $5,000!
- If you or someone you loved has benefited from our services, and you’re interested in telling your story on the HCP website or in our Vital Signs newsletter, e-mail Barb Gorman, Marketing & Communications Manager.
4. Capitalize on all the different ways to support HCP!
- Have you signed up for Fred Meyer’s Community Rewards program? Do you use AmazonSmile? These programs turn your regular shopping into substantial donations for HCP!
- Does your workplace have an employee matching gift program? It’s easy to find out by using the Double the Donation tool, offered for FREE November 17th-December 15th in honor of #GivingTuesday.
- Consider including Housecall Providers in your estate plans! You may choose to give a gift through your will, or designate HCP as the beneficiary of an insurance policy or retirement plan. For more information, visit our Bequest Giving page.