Portland’s trusted choice for in home hospice care
Live each day to the fullest with our non-profit hospice team 971-274-5846
We come to you ready to listen
Hospice focuses on comfort and quality of life rather than cure. It is designed to provide support during life’s final transition.
Our interdisciplinary team works to develop an integrated plan of care that fully involves the patient, family and caregivers so that all feel honored, cared for and respected.
When you choose Housecall Providers Hospice for your care, you are aligning yourself with a health organization that has deep roots in our community and a passion for patient-centered care.
What to Expect with Housecall Providers Hospice
- Treatment of your symptoms and maintaining your comfort is the foundation of our care. Hospice-trained physicians and nurses are available 24/7 to ensure your needs are met, no matter what time of day or night they occur.
- Committed and highly-experienced medical social workers to help patients and their families navigate planning for end-of-life care, understand their treatment plan and be vocal about their needs and how to manage the stresses of debilitating physical illnesses.
- Spiritual counselors who provide emotional and spiritual support for you and your whole family, and a bereavement program to help loved ones as they journey through the grieving process.
- Compassionate home health aides that work with you to develop a weekly plan to assist with physical aspects of care such as baths and personal hygiene.
- The entire care team meets regularly and collaborates together to make sure your care plan addresses your physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. The question we continually ask ourselves is: what else can we do to support you and your family?
Quality care – how does Housecall Providers Hospice rank?
Each year, Medicare reports on the results of the surveys that are returned from families whose loved one was on hospice. The results are grouped into topics surrounding quality, family caregiver experience and quality of patient care.
- 92% of families felt our hospice team always treated the patient with dignity and respect.
- 84% of families rated Housecall Providers Hospice a total rating of 9 or 10 (out of 10).
- 93% of patients got an assessment of all 7 Hospice Item Set (HIS) quality measures at the beginning of hospice.
- 87% of patients received at least one visit from a registered nurse, a physician, a nurse practitioner, or a physician assistant in the last 3 days of life.
Commonly Asked Questions
Q: How much of my care will be covered by insurance?
Hospice care is covered 100% by Medicare and Medicaid. Some private insurances may require a copay or coinsurance. No one will be declined hospice care due to financial hardship. Call our office to find out more.
Q: Do you operate in my area?
Housecall Providers Hospice offers medical in home care for hospice patients in Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. View our service area map here. For the most up to date information about our service area, please contact our hospice offices.
Q: What COVID-19 precautions are you taking?
Watch this video to learn about the precautions that Housecall Providers team members are taking to protect themselves, our patients and the community during the pandemic.
“The 24-hour advice nurse phone line was perhaps, for me, the most important service. I’m not sure how many times I called, usually for simple things, but I never felt like I was asking a silly question and the clinician was always kind, understanding and compassionate.”
—Dede Montgomery, daughter of hospice patient
“I can never repay Housecall Providers for the way they took care of my Billy at the end, I will do anything for that organization.”
—Cathy Dicker-Randolph, wife of Billy Randolph, hospice patient