Hospice Intake and Triage Nurse
Housecall Providers is a unique non-profit medical practice dedicated to serving the needs of medically home-bound individuals providing in-home primary medical care and hospice services. We are located close in SW Portland in the John’s Landing area.?
Currently, we are recruiting for a Hospice Intake and Triage Nurse. This is a part-time benefited position – 32 hours per week.
This position actively supports and incorporates the mission and core values of the organization into daily activities. In this position, you will be responsible for taking all phone calls for the hospice clinical staff, giving advice for management of symptoms; informing the clinical staff of needs for a home visit and conducting periodic home visits as needed. You will also take in new referrals and assign a hospice care team to each patient.
Reports directly to the Hospice Clinical Manager. Collaborates with and works closely with the hospice RN Case Managers, hospice Medical Director, and other members of the interdisciplinary group (IDG) for the benefit of the patient.
Principal Duties and Functions:
- Primarily through incoming phone calls – receives new referrals from primary care clinicians or care coordinators and receives and inputs information into Allscripts and Brightree (Hospice Electronic Medical Record)
- Informs admission RN of referral for scheduling of admission
- Medically triage patients as needed for Hospice field staff
- Assigns RN clinical manager and Hospice team to new referral
- (If an LPN, under direction of RN) make patient visits as needed for back-up and support
- Reviews medication list for accuracy
- Advocates for patients
- Effectively interacts with primary care department staff
- Comply with all requirements related to HIPAA policies and procedures for practice.
- Update demographic changes in both modules of the EHR
- Assist Corporate Compliance Officer with chart reviews
- Must have thorough working knowledge of medical terminology, basic patient care and community resources
- Previous LPN or RN Nursing Experience, with experience providing hospice care
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to problem solve and provide excellent customer service
- Must be able to handle and communicate sensitive information
- Ability to interact professionally with staff, patients, families, caregivers, and the general public inquiring about services
- Must be able to work independently; possess the ability to prioritize tasks, problem-solve and maintain focus on organizational goals and timelines
Minimum Qualifications (includes licenses or certifications) required:
- Current, active and unencumbered Oregon LPN or RN license
- Two (2) or more years of hospice, palliative care, oncology and/or home health experience preferred (preference given to licensed LPN or RN with background in geriatrics or home health hospice)
- Strong computer skills to include highly proficient with MS Word, Outlook; Electronic Charting in EPIC, Allscripts, Cerner or similar EHR/EMR system
- Typing accuracy of 50 wpm (net)
- Excellent fluency in speaking, reading, writing and spelling in English
- Verbal fluency in other language(s) highly desired
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, 401K retirement plan, and short/long term disability.
Send your Cover Letter and CV. Put “Hospice Triage RN” in the subject line. All submissions must be in MS Word or PDF format.