Housecall Providers is a unique non-profit medical practice dedicated to serving the needs of medically home-bound individuals providing in-home primary medical care and hospice services. We are located close in SW Portland in the John’s Landing area.
Currently, we are recruiting for a Palliative Care RN. This is a 1.0 FTE Monday – Friday with a Saturday rotation (day off during the week).
Principal Duties and Functions:
The Palliative Care Nurse provides specialized palliative nursing care to identified HCP primary care patients who will benefit from increased support and care to improve quality of life, manage and relieve symptoms, improve psycho-social needs by working as an interdisciplinary team member.
Conducts Initial and ongoing assessments of patient; developing and revising the plan of care, timely documentation and communication of assessments, and coordination of care with the palliative care team.
- A strong background in geriatric assessment (depression, function, cognition, pain, pharmacology, etc.) preferred. Previous experience working in an inpatient hospital setting considered.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse staff and patients, their families and caregivers and the community at large.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and implement widely diverse job duties that require attention and coordination.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and expertise in assessing pain and other distressing patient symptoms.
- Sound judgment and integrity are non-negotiable personal qualities.
- Comfortable and adept at assessing and discussing with patients and families end of life subjects.
- Ability to work within a team and independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to provide phlebotomy services
Minimum Qualifications (includes licenses or certifications):
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (BSN preferred)
- Must have active, unencumbered Registered Nurse license in Oregon
- Minimum of 3-years previous experience (within the last 1-3 years) as an RN working in Home Health or hospice, palliative care
- CHPN certification preferred
- EMR experience (Epic, Allscripts, Cerner etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, 401K retirement plan, and short/long term disability.
To Apply: Send your cover letter and CV to Resumes@housecallproviders.org. Put “Palliative Care RN” in the subject line. Submissions must be in MS Word or PDF format.
Equal Opportunity Employer